From kindergarten to year 12, children in Australia spend over 200 days in school, clocking in at slightly over half the year living in classrooms. These children usually have less developed immunity systems that make them susceptible to most infections resulting from dirty environments. Therefore, there is a highly essential need to ensure they stay in school clean and safe surroundings.
Although school cleaning staff may be good at their jobs, sometimes their cleaning techniques or equipment may not be thorough to guarantee children’s maximum safety. These gaps leave significant loopholes that predispose them to dangerous health issues. Rigorous school cleaning covers all areas that children contact, which is vital for maintaining their good health.
Essential Reasons for Cleaning Schools
1. Preventing Allergies and Illnesses
With their weak immune systems, children can’t withstand hygiene-related infections. Grime and dirt harbour pathogens that predispose children to health issues.
More often, the effects of disease outbreaks can be detrimental to their health and their learning patterns. Their concentration is usually cut off to dwell on attending to sicknesses.
As a result, most ailing children fail to attend school, which lags them, subjecting them to poor academic performance. Keeping schools clean is vital to eliminate the risks of diseases and infections.
Deep cleaning is usually essential to wipe out dirt, grime and smudges that host bacteria and disease-causing germs.
2. Improving the Learning Atmosphere
Clean surroundings create a healthier learning atmosphere. The biggest priority in schools is maintaining a high-end learning experience, and this is warranted by having tidy classrooms, playgrounds, dining halls, and toilets.
Several studies have shown that students excel in cleaner schools than in dirty schools, and graduation rates are often proportionally high.
3. Healthier Teachers and Staff
Clean schools exempt teachers from risks of infections so that they can teach efficiently and consistently. Conversely, dirty school surroundings are detrimental to children and the teaching and non-teaching staff.
For example, if school cooks, janitors, security guards, or mail people get sick due to dirty school surroundings, it then implies that in one form or another, learning will be impeded.
While cleaning can be unsatisfactory by the school cleaning staff, thorough cleaning is guaranteed by professionals.
A commercial cleaning company takes care of the tiny, overlooked spots that harbour the most germs and cleans them to wipe out any disease-causing germs.
4. Encouraging More Parental Participation
It delights parents to have their children learn in cleaner and healthier school environments. Therefore, they are twice likely to get involved in school affairs due to the contentment that learning institutions look after their children.
Parents are likely to participate more in student affairs, including extra-curricular and in-learning activities. Parents often get involved in negative things and situations in schools, spanning from children’s indiscipline issues to poor performances.
Clean surroundings give them a good reason to participate in school activities positively. This positive involvement by parents in schools makes learning better and more interesting in children since it builds high learning momentum. Consequently, it elevates their learning experience.
5. For Learning About Cleanliness
Maintaining clean surroundings in schools ingrains the idea of the fundamentality of hygiene in children’s minds. They learn both actively and subconsciously, and the latter is often more effective.
They see, feel, and hear that sticks fast in their subconscious minds than what teachers actively teach in classrooms.
Therefore, the sight of clean floors, toilets, neat bathrooms, and cobweb-free ceilings informs them of the importance of a clean environment. It sticks better in their young minds, and they are also likely to grow with this good mentality into adulthood.
6. Promoting Positivity and Peace of Mind Among Children
Clean schools create a sense of positivity in children. A dirty ambience distracts them and creates a little world of confusion, disorientation, and misalignment.
Therefore, it builds negative energy and paints a crooked picture of the world out there. If children learn in clean and safer environments, such thoughts are refurbished, and their energy is renewed to remain focused on their studies.
Besides, clean school surroundings create an excellent piece of mind and children can concentrate on their studies. On the other hand, children, especially from childcare, can’t be comfortable in dirty areas and are usually distracted, besides being exposed to many different disease-causing germs and bacteria.
7. For Better Equipment Performance
Professional school cleaning guarantees the dusting and wiping of school cleaning equipment that children use for learning, including lesson delivery and class content tools.
Contracted cleaning companies leave no poster boards, markers, pens, or computers untouched.
Thorough cleaning of equipment guarantees their longevity in performance for an enhanced and sustained learning experience. Besides, this reduces the cost of maintenance and replacements and cuts the need for parent intervention in paying for renewal.
8. For Safety from Physical Harm
Dirt and litter attract dangerous reptiles and insects that could jeopardize children’s safety. Besides, sharp objects thrown out clumsily may injure them when playing outside or inside classrooms.
Thus, getting rid of litter and dirt exposes sharp objects that are dangerous to the physical well-being of children. The flip side is that certified cleaners are sufficiently skilled to clean and remove potentially harmful objects exposing children to physical injury.
Childcare Cleaning Services We Offer
- Vinyl floor resurfacing: Damaged vinyl floors harbour bacteria that predispose children to infections, consequently disrupting their learning. Therefore, they should be maintained and cleaned by a qualified professional.
- Window cleaning: Certified cleaners do the cleaning of windows well to destroy germs and bacterial window surface attachments and protect children from infection
- Carpet steam cleaning: Initiating carpet steam cleaning routines kills germs and bacteria and protects children, especially those in childcare, as they play on the carpet.
- Floor, kitchen, and toilet steam cleaning: The significant advantage is that steaming these areas enables cleaning unreachable spots that children contact every school day.
- Everyday regular cleaning: Professionally contracted cleaning companies clean facilities in schools so that grime and dirt harbouring germs and bacteria are eliminated.
- Wheelie bin cleaning involves disposing of and cleaning dirt bins to eliminate germ spots in childcare centres.
Safe Products We Use
- Disinfectant: Disinfectants have user-friendly chemicals for eliminating germs and bacteria that are a source of most infections.
- Disposable aprons and gloves: Once used, disposable gloves and aprons are usually disposed of. They are utility items in most childcare cleaning routines.
- Biological washing powder: Bio-wash powders help eliminate hard stains and soilings on floors and surfaces.
- Microfiber cloths: These clothes are impeccable for cleaning as they are structurally designed not to allow the movement of bacteria and germs on their surfaces.
Children are so vulnerable when it comes to infections because of their underdeveloped immunity systems. Therefore, this high susceptibility calls for maintaining high hygiene standards in schools, where they spend almost half of the year learning.
Clean schools are more conducive to an interactive learning environment. Therefore, this notion of maintaining clean surroundings will also be ingrained in them as they grow into responsible adults in the future.