The Differences Between A Deep Clean and A Standard Clean
Are you considering hiring a cleaning service? If so, knowing the differences between Deep cleaning vs Standard cleaning is an excellent place to start. Since a good house cleaning company offers numerous services, choosing your suitable cleaning strategy can be challenging.
Deep cleaning vs Standard cleaning is the most common service. Read along to understand the distinctions between the two and find the necessary information to make informed choices regarding the type of clean you should be adopting.
Regular/standard cleaning describes a set of cleaning tasks that are conducted regularly. It is otherwise known as domestic cleaning, and most people prefer doing it weekly.
Standard clean aims to help maintain a certain level of cleanliness around your house. Typically, regular cleaning cost less in comparison to deep cleanings and focus more on maintenance.
When you employ professional house cleaners for a regular clean, their tasks include:
- Tidying up the house
- Mopping and vacuuming floors
- Kitchen cleaning- wiping surfaces, taking out the trash, and more
- Cleaning bathrooms- toilet, mirror, bath, sink
- Removing cobwebs
- Dusting vents
- Cleaning doors and window frames
- Eliminating and preventing bacteria growth
- Making beds
Advantages of Standard Cleaning
Regardless of your daily commitment to neatness in your house, eventually, your space will need a deeper and more thorough cleaning. Here are the pros of hiring for standard cleaning:
- More Time to Relax and Enjoy- Keeping your home clean can be time-consuming. However, by hiring Sydney commercial cleaners, you can focus your time on other crucial matters and leisure.
- Healthy Indoor Air- With time, your space is bound to encounter build-up of dust, allergens, pet dander, and other contaminants. These pathogens may cause diseases and reduce the aesthetic appearance of your home. A cleaning company comes in to improve your atmosphere and usher in a conducive environment.
- Cleaner Bathrooms- It is a fact that most people prefer not to clean bathrooms. A professional cleaner will thoroughly clean tubs, floors, toilets, and basins with disinfectants to keep them looking and smelling fresh.
- Party-ready Home- Are you intending to host a party, get-together, or inviting friends and family over? In that case, you would like your space to look and smell clean. A standard cleaning procedure ensures your home is neat and perfect for the arrival of visitors.
- Family Time- Cleaning companies understand the dynamic nature of your daily schedule. Thus, they come in to conduct the demanding tasks of cleaning and allows you ample time to focus on things that matter most, like family.
Deep cleaning vs Standard cleaning tends to differ in attention to detail. Whereas regular cleaning is all about cleanliness and upkeep, deep cleaning is more elaborate than your standard weekly clean.
Deep cleaning entails a complete rubdown and giving focus to the often neglected and hard-to-reach areas. Anything within your space reachable with a stool gets hand-wiped. In addition to its in-depth approach, this cleaning further improves your overall sanitation and hygiene.
Another noteworthy distinction between deep cleaning vs standard cleaning is the price. Regarding the scope of work, deep cleans are generally more expensive than routine home cleaning and take longer.
Areas of Concern
Deep cleaning covers areas that are traditionally neglected by a standard clean, for instance:
- Underneath the sink
- Inside the oven, including the oven door glass
- Behind kitchen appliances such as oven and washing machine, cutting through grime.
- Washing all blinds
- Total and deep dusting all corners
- Cleaning window frames and patio doors
- Removing scale from all kitchen tiles, bathroom tiles, showerheads, and taps
When Should I Consider a Deep Clean?
Some of the instances where deep clean is essential include:
- When your house needs spring cleaning
- It comes as a standard rule that your first-time clean ought to be a deep clean
- When you intend to sell your old home, deep cleaning is essential to stage and make your property more appealing to potential buyers.
- When you are considering hosting a party or event, deep cleaning offers an impeccable way to prepare your space for your guests.
- Suppose you are moving out of an apartment, rental, or condo; deep cleaning ensures you receive your security deposit.
Pros of Deep Cleaning
- Deeper Clean- Regardless of how hard you scrub or how frequently you clean your carpets, deep cleaning ensures a higher degree of cleanliness.
- Appropriate Tools for the Job- No matter how hard you struggle to maintain hygiene within your space, optimal results can be unattainable owing to a lack of tools. Professional cleaners equip themselves with all the necessary tools to increase efficiency.
- Long Term Savings- Carpets, furniture, blinds, and drapes are precious. Absent regular deep clean, your items will tend to depreciate their value. Deep cleaning regularly helps to preserve the longevity of your valuable items.
- Hard-to-Reach Areas- Whether or not you regularly clean, removing dirt from specific areas can be tricky. However, a professional deep clean can reach the often-neglected parts of your space, like corners and baseboards.
- Health Reasons- Dirty indoor air is widespread. Children, the elderly, and asthmatic people need clean, fresh air to prevent triggers. In addition, a deep clean can help protect your loved ones against many uncomfortable and severe health complications.
Cons of Hiring Cleaners
- Cost- Hiring a professional comes at a cost. Prices vary depending on the amount of work. For example, you will incur more for a deep clean compared to standard cleaning.
- Trust- Cleaners undertake their job with minimal supervision from owners. Therefore, depending on credibility, it is likely that you might lose some of your valuables.
- Authenticity- Some cleaning companies are not well established. As such, they may have contract cleaners who are incompetent rather than employees.
Standard Versus Deep Cleaning. Which One is Ideal for Me?
When it is your first time, scheduling a deep clean is a good idea. Then, moving forward, you can hire the providers to conduct standard cleaning weekly, bi-weekly or monthly.
When thinking about hiring a commercial cleaning Services company, one might be in a dilemma about which type of cleaning to apply. Therefore, it would be appropriate to engage professionals to help you determine your most viable option. In so doing, you will be sure to receive the highest level of cleanliness that you need for your space.