Best Carpet Steam Cleaner
At some point or another, we’ve all probably taken a look at our carpet and been left disappointed at the job that can be done by a regular vacuum cleaner.
Sure, they’re great for picking up all the tiny pieces of dirt and hair that can get stuck in your carpet but once that dirt has had time to set in, the damage is seemingly already done.
In fact, the majority of people out there get by with just vacuum cleaning their carpet, not even realizing how discolored and dull their floor becomes after a few years.
That’s why steam cleaners are one of the best developments in home cleaning products that we’ve seen in recent years.
Instead of simply picking up the dirt and moving it to a small chamber, carpet steam cleaners can do that whilst also using water, cleaning chemicals, and heat to clean your carpet much more thoroughly.
In this guide, we’re taking a look at some of the best carpet steam commercial cleaners available online. We’ll be looking at a variety of different shapes, sizes, and price points so are sure to look out for one that best suits your cleaning needs.
Bissell ProHeat Revolution Pet Pro
The first cleaner on our list is from the very reputable brand, Bissell. Many of the internet’s best-selling floor cleaning appliances are Bissell products and this isn’t the only one on our list, so you know you can trust them when it comes to your carpet!
This particular cleaner is designed with pet owners in mind and has a bunch of special features that are perfect for muddy pawprints and animal hair.
The ‘MAX clean mode’ makes use of 12 rows of powerful brushes to provide some of the most powerful and thorough cleaning available with a device like this. It’s the sort of feature that you can always rely on when your dog tracks wet, muddy footprints across your carpet.
However, if you want to target a smaller stain in a particular area, the CleanShot Pretreater function is great for delivering a powerful blast of steam and cleaning solution to the affected area.
That’s all well and good for big jobs but even if you’re just going over the carpet for a regular weekly clean, the express clean mode will help you to quickly go over every square inch of your floor and have it dry in just 30 minutes.
Whilst this cleaner might seem a bit large compared to others like it, the whole machine weighs less than 18 pounds and shouldn’t present you with too many issues while using it.
Overall, this is a great all-around carpet cleaner with more functions than you’d have ever thought you needed!
- MAX Clean Mode – Delivers some of the most powerful cleaning you’ll find with a commercial product like this
- CleanShot Pretreater – Great for targeting your cleaning on smaller, tougher stains
- Express Clean Mode – Give the whole carpet a quick going over and it’ll be dry in only half an hour
- Designed for pets – This machine even has special brush attachments that are perfect for catching all the animal hair that can get stuck in carpets
- Size – The only real downside to this machine is how large it is, making it potentially difficult to store
Yet another brilliant carpet cleaner from Bissell, this one represents a significantly scaled-down version of the previous model we looked at. This means the Turboclean has fewer features and less cleaning power but will also cost a fraction of the price.
It uses a similar design to the ProHeat and looks just like a traditional vacuum cleaner, meaning you won’t have to hunch over or bend down to use it.
It uses a lightweight design (only weighing 11 pounds) and has a bottom section that can fold away to make the whole machine flatter and easier to store.
Of course, the Turboclean also utilizes the same powerful cleaning technology as all of Bissell’s products, meaning it will be able to get through some pretty tough stains with ease. The only downside is that this product only uses 4 rotating brushes to provide this power, whilst the ProHeat uses 12.
In general, this carpet cleaner really is like a younger sibling to the ProHeat, boasting fewer of the in-depth features and an overall smaller and lighter frame. However, it is a lot more budget-friendly so is a great way to go if you want to save some money.
Plenty of users have found no issues with the cleaning power that can be generated by the Turboclean and have left thousands of positive reviews so it will likely be able to do a good job in any kind of household.
- Powerful Bissell cleaning technology – Bissell has made a name for itself by providing high-quality cleaning devices and this one is no different
- Lightweight – Weighing only 11 pounds, you’ll easily be able to carry this around the house
- Budget friendly – A fraction of the price of the previous Bissell product
- Less powerful alternative to the ProHeat – This model doesn’t have as many features or as much power as the ProHeat so might be worse for particularly tough stains
Bissell SpotClean ProHeat
You’d be forgiven for mistaking this list for a Bissell catalog but the range of carpet cleaners this company produces is just that fantastic!
This machine is the first truly portable carpet steam cleaner we’re looking at. It weighs only 9 pounds and is absolutely tiny compared to the size of the other Bissell products we’ve already seen.
This does mean you’ll have to get a bit closer to the floor to use this machine but it’s a small price to pay for the ease and convenience of cleaning with it.
Due to its size, the SpotClean boasts a 37-ounce tank. This smaller capacity means you’ll have to spend a little more time emptying the tank and refilling it while cleaning. However, when you do need to refill, it’s as simple as holding the removable tank under your kitchen sink.
The nozzle on the machine is just as powerful as Bissell’s other products and gets cleaning chemicals deep into the carpet for removing really tough stains. In fact, the SpotClean even comes with multiple nozzle head attachments for even the hardest to reach corners of your carpet.
You might have wondered at some point how easy it is to clean a machine that’s designed to clean. Well, with this one it couldn’t be simpler. It has a self-cleaning feature that takes all the hassle out of maintaining your carpet cleaner and ensures it enjoys a long lifespan in your home.
Generally, this is a great product to use for isolated stains rather than going over your whole carpet. It’s especially good for cleaning stairs and more difficult corners of your rooms.
- Portability – The best thing about this cleaner is how small and light it is, making it easy to carry around the house
- Removable water tank – Makes it super easy to refill the tank while cleaning
- Heatwave technology – This feature ensures the water in your tank stays at the optimal temperature for cleaning carpets
- Self-cleaning tool – Takes all the hassle out of keeping your machine clean and in working order
- Simple features – There aren’t nearly as many different cleaning options as some of the other products on our list but it does what it can do very well
Bissell Big Green Professional Carpet Cleaner
This is the fourth and final Bissell product on our list and it’s easily the most industrial-grade carpet cleaner you can get from their range.
With a 1.75-gallon water tank and overall weight of 48 pounds, this definitely isn’t something you can easily lug around your home and is instead better suited to tackling the really tough dirt in isolated areas.
The machine can be used in a couple of different ways. Firstly, using the whole thing like a regular vacuum cleaner, you can make use of the 8 extra-large PowerBrushes inside to give a thorough clean to your whole carpet.
Alternatively, if you only need to use the cleaner on a smaller area, you can use the 6” tough stain tool which works similarly to the previous handheld cleaner we looked at.
Despite its size, Bissell has made every effort to make this cleaner easy enough to handle. You can adjust the handle to find a height that’s comfortable for you and the extra-long power cord gives you some added maneuverability.
In general, this cleaner is better suited for large-scale, industrial cleaning jobs and not for everyday use. If you have pets or young children in your home that are constantly causing large stains that are tough to get out, this machine will work wonders. However, if you’re just looking for an everyday cleaning tool, you’re better off looking elsewhere.
- Industrial strength – This cleaner really will produce professional-grade results
- 1.75-gallon tank – This large tank capacity will save you a bunch of time having to empty and refill it
- 8 extra-large brushes – These big brushes provide an even deeper clean than most other products
- Tough stain tool – This handheld nozzle attachment makes life much easier when cleaning smaller areas or stairs
- Price – This is one of the most expensive carpet cleaners on the market so might stretch your budget pretty far
- Size – It’s also one of the biggest and heaviest cleaners on the market, making it difficult to transport around your home
Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe
Moving onto another very reputable brand, Hoover is well known for producing some of the best carpet cleaners and vacuum cleaners ever! In fact, in some parts of the world, the word ‘Hoover’ is synonymous with a vacuum cleaner.
The Power Scrub Deluxe is probably Hoover’s best carpet steam cleaner at this price point, featuring a variety of great functions.
The Spinscrub brush system uses a series of spinning brushes that will work hard on the stains and dirt in your carpet without causing any damage to it.
Also, the HeatForce system this machine uses ensures that your carpet will dry much quicker than normal after you’ve finished.
You can even use this cleaner on things other than your carpet, with nozzle attachments that will work on furniture as well.
The whole device only weighs around 19 pounds, which is fairly lightweight for a machine of its size. Still, this means you might have some issues storing it away and it will take some effort to get it up and down your staircase.
- SpinScrub – This brush system ensures stains get properly cleaned and your carpet remains undamaged
- HeatForce – This feature makes your carpet dry much quicker than some other cleaners out there
- Versatility – The nozzle attachments are great for cleaning staircases and furniture
- Durability – Some customers have complained about issues with the machine leaking and breaking after only a few uses
A definite upgrade from the Power Scrub Deluxe, this Hoover product boasts a seriously impressive automatic cleaning system that makes cleaning and drying your carpet super easy.
The system works very well. You simply have to push the machine forward to engage the cleaning mode and backward to activate drying. This means you’ll no longer have to wait around for your carpet to dry and can have it back to normal in a matter of seconds!
Here, the HeatForce technology we’ve already examined is used in an automatic system, taking even more of the effort out of carpet cleaning.
However, automation doesn’t stop there. The machine even automatically mixes your cleaning chemicals with the water in its tank to produce perfectly balanced solutions that work wonders on your carpet.
The Smartwash also features the same nozzle attachments as the previous Hoover model, making it great for cleaning stairs and furniture too.
This product is a little more expensive than the previous one but the cleaning benefits are definitely worth it.
- Automatic cleaning and drying – This takes a whole lot of effort out of carpet cleaning and means you won’t have to wait around for your carpet to dry
- Automatic chemical mixing – This also takes all the guesswork out of mixing your cleaning chemicals and producing great results
- Flexforce Powerbrushes – These brushes work really well against stains and dirt without damaging the carpet itself
- Durability – Again, the problem of durability persists with Hoover carpet cleaners as many customers have noted issues after only a few uses
- Price – This cleaner is a little more expensive than the other Hoover one we’ve looked at but not by a great deal
The final carpet cleaner on our list is another portable cleaner that has a variety of different uses.
The whole device weighs only 12 pounds and is super small compared to the other products on our list, making it very portable and easy to use.
However, the best thing about this cleaner is the fact that it has 18 different accessories! This means you can just as easily use it to clean your carpet as well as your oven, wooden floors, patio, and plenty more.
Naturally, this versatility means that it’s not quite as good for specific carpet cleaning as any of the other products on our list. However, the ease of use for such a small device and variety of accessories it comes with more than makes up for this.
If you’re looking for something that will get really tough stains out of your carpet, this probably isn’t your best bet. On the other hand, if you want a great all-purpose cleaning device to use all over your house, you won’t find much better than this.
- 18 accessories – There’s a huge range of different cleaning jobs you can easily carry out with this machine
- Portability – Weighing only 12 pounds and being super small, this cleaner can easily be carried all over the house
- Requires no chemicals – Of course, you can use this device with cleaning chemicals but it will still work well with just steam alone
- Not as good for carpets – This device lacks the technological developments of the other cleaners we’ve looked at so won’t be as well suited for carpet cleaning
If you still haven’t found the carpet cleaner that’s right for you, there are plenty more out there that might be better suited. These are some of the things you should look out for while shopping:
More important than overall size, weight should be a key consideration. You need to be able to easily transport your carpet cleaner around your house without it causing you too much physical discomfort.
Variety Of Cleaning Modes
A carpet steam cleaner with only one set will be well suited to deal with moderate stains on pretty much any type of carpet. However, one that has multiple cleaning settings will be able to tackle on kinds of really tough stains.
Basically, the larger the water tank on your machine is, the fewer trips you’ll need to make to refill it. Therefore, a larger tank will always be better, even if it makes the machine slightly heavier when full.
This isn’t something you can always tell when looking at a carpet steam cleaner in a store. If you can, check out any customer reviews for the product to see if other people have had any issues with damage or wear.
If you’ve only ever used a vacuum cleaner on your carpets, you could be missing out on picking up all the dug-in dirt and hair that simply won’t come out.
Carpet steam cleaners are pretty much the best devices you can get for your home to leave it looking fresher and cleaner in a matter of minutes.
Do your carpet a favor and get one now!
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Carpet Steam Cleaners Worth It?
Carpet steam cleaners will transform your carpet in a way that conventional vacuum cleaners simply can’t. Instead of just picking up loose dirt, a steam cleaner will actually wash the fibers of your carpet and leave it looking brighter and cleaner than it ever has!
Which Is The Best Carpet Steam Cleaner To Buy?
There’s no wrong or right answer to this question, it simply depends on your carpet and the severity of any stains on it. Bissell has a great variety of steam cleaners at a range of different price points and strengths. This makes it a very good brand to check out and evaluate which cleaner is best for your home.