How to Remove Stains from Carpets?
Every carpet owner faces hard to get rid of stains. No matter how cautious, at one point, you may spill wine, tea, coffee, mud, dust, or food particles on your favourite carpet. For the best experience, you should avoid spillages and the accumulation of stains that may ruin your carpet beyond repair. This piece highlights how to prevent staining your carpet, remove stains, and essential guidelines that will help you get the best carpet cleaner in your vicinity.
Types of Notorious Stains
Most carpet owners battle stains like blood, chocolate, coffee, mustard, tea, vomit, wine, urine, and stool from your pet or toddler.
How to Remove Notorious Stains at Home
- Coffee and tea stains: If you aren’t careful, your carpet may get spillages from your beloved cup of coffee or tea. If left unchecked, you may notice yellowing-brown spots on your carpet. You can use water, vinegar, and a non-bleach detergent. Perform a patch test to avoid damaging your carpet.
- Pet stains: Once in a while, your favourite pet can deposit a surprise on the carpet. First, clear and dispose of the debris. Blot the area to soak up the moisture until the stain is removed and your carpet is dry to the touch. For the best experience, use products specifically designed for pet stains.
- Ink stains: Ink and nail polish on the carpet is quite hard to remove. If left unchecked, the ink can destroy your favourite carpet beyond recourse. It would be best to act fast using solutions like isopropyl alcohol and a liquid-friendly vacuum to dry up the spot.
- Bloodstains: If someone bleeds on your carpet, you may go to extra lengths to get rid of every drop. Use cold water to avoid coagulation and penetration of blood into the carpet fibres. For tough stains that may be resilient to deep cleaning, contact a professional cleaner for immediate assistance.
- Fat-based stains: In the absence of a stain-resistant layer, fat-based stains like gravy, margarine, or butter can ruin your carpet beyond recognition. You may also try simple solutions like baking soda for easier removal of fat deposits. A dry-solvent spot carpet cleaner is highly recommended for tough stains.
- White wine, red wine, and grape juice: To remove wine spillages, spritz using club soda and blot using microfiber clothing to dry it up. You should act immediately ASAP to limit the amount of wine getting through your carpet’s fabric. If the stain worsens with every attempt you make, contact a professional cleaner.
How to Avoid Stains on the Carpet
- Act fast: Avoid the accumulation of notorious stains by looking out for new stains. If you spill coffee, tea, wine, pasta, or blood on the carpet, make a point of removing it as quickly as you can. Every carpet owner should have an assortment of carpet cleaning solutions for immediate intervention.
- Use a stain-resistant treatment or protectant: Some carpets come with the extra protection of stain-resistant protectants built to protect you from the overwhelming carpet cleaning exercise. If your carpet doesn’t come with a protectant, follow DIY guidelines or get a professional cleaner to apply your stain-proof treatment.
- Vacuum and clean the carpet regularly: Some stains may go unnoticed, hence the need for regular cleaning. You should clean the carpet after a fortnight or vacuum every weekend to maintain a spotless carpet. When cleaning or vacuuming, purpose to clean every part of the carpet.
- Leave shoes at the door: For a flawless carpet, you should make your house shoe-free. Leave a polite notice reminding your visitors and family members that shoes aren’t allowed beyond a specific point. Leaving mud and dirt away from the carpet minimizes stains while making it easier to clean.
- Use plastic mats and rugs: Protect your carpet from spillages and dust by including rugs and mats under furniture and high traffic areas. You may also have plastic mats and rugs under your dining table to hold food dropping falling off your table. Mats and rugs also protect your carpet as you move furniture.
- Get professional cleaning services: Abiding by the guidelines above protects your carpet from tough stains that could steal its beauty and elegance. You should seek professional carpet cleaning at least once a year to get rid of stains you may have missed during your cleaning exercise.
Factors to Consider When Seeking Professional Stain Removal
- Consider the cleaner’s track record: Handing over your carpet to an amateur cleaner can ruin it more than you would expect. Avoid disappointments by going for a cleaner with a long record of delivering desired results. Consider customer reviews of different cleaners to find one that’s best for your cleaning needs.
- Consider a referral: If you are at crossroads about choosing the best cleaner for your type of stain, consider a referral from your friends, neighbours, and online platforms. For the best experience, you should get a professional that offers additional services besides carpet cleaning.
- Compare prices: It would be best to get carpet cleaning solutions from a provider offering friendly services at affordable prices. Ask various professionals to send you a list of services and a price quotation to find the best fit for your budgetary allocation.
- Type of specialization: For the best experience, you should have a single cleaner for all your needs. Through a provider like Office Cleaning Commercial Cleaning Sydney, you can get commercial cleaning, domestic cleaning, office cleaning, and carpet cleaning services to ensure that you reside in clean environs.
Why Should I Choose the Office Cleaning Commercial Cleaning Group?
- Two decades of experience: Office Cleaning Commercial Cleaning Group features twenty years of experience in commercial and residential cleaning. The professionals are equipped and extensively trained to ensure that you have timely access to quality cleaning services.
- Fully specialized services: Office Cleaning Commercial Cleaning Group offers a wide range of cleaning services for homes and commercial residences in Australia. You may hire professionals for day-to-day cleaning or occasional cleaning of your premises and upholstery.
- Professional services: Office Cleaning Commercial Cleaning Group houses a team of professional cleaners dedicated to making your environs clean and habitable. Each cleaner is highly trained and equipped to complete various cleaning jobs like removing stains from your carpet.
- Affordable services: Office Cleaning Group offers affordable prices on your first or subsequent cleaning. To get a quote, submit your details, schedule a quote, and schedule a clean if the price is friendly. For the best experience, make use of regular discounts and gift vouchers.
You should protect your carpet from notorious stains by including a stain-resistant layer or cleaning regularly. Use an appropriate solution to target specific stains or seek professional services for the most resilient ones. If you are in Australia, consider Office Cleaning Commercial Cleaning to protect your precious carpet at the office, in your kitchen, or living room.